Friday, September 2, 2011

It was Inevitable!



As you may already know, TLC has a show called Extreme Couponing. This show showcases many couponers that achieve purchasing hundreds of dollars worth of groceries for mere dollars, sometimes even free with the use of Coupons.

Full disclosure
I was one of the many New Couponers that jumped on the bandwagon after watching this show. I would like to point out that I had already started using Coupons prior to this BUT I didn't know how to combine them with sales to maximize savings. The first show that I saw was the one with Tiffany from Mylitter.com. I was excited about how she was able to see a sales ad and figure out which coupons to use. Any who, this show allowed me to see the big picture..

I can combine coupons with sales and lower my grocery bill!!

So here I am, still couponing, still learning.. still excited for sales! I do have to admit that I have been discouraged by this negative stigma that follows couponers... and so I return to my original thought .. TLC's Extreme Couponing..

From my limited experience in couponing, I have learned a few things that I wish some of these "experienced" extreme couponers displayed.. Courtesy, Honesty,  Sharing, and Compassion. I think that everyone no matter who they are, should have these qualities and display them more often.  Now, I cannot be totally negative on this show .. it was after all the last push that I needed in order to coupon more frequently. I do think that it displays a side of couponing that many couponers frown upon. Shelve Clearing, No Compassion for anyone but themselves, lack of Honesty and simply no Courtesy. No one NEEDS to have 40 bottles of mustard, I'm sorry unless you are feeding a family of 30 who loves mustard.. you don't need that many. .. of course these are my thoughts and opinions and everyone is entitled to theirs as well..

Here is an article written by EW.com that has been floating around the Internet and on many coupon blogging sites. It is a small clip of the Next season of Extreme Couponing. I watched the video and it absolutely made me sick.. I just don't understand how some people can act and do the things that they do. Ultimately, everyone will have an opinion on this show..

If you are new to couponing, as I am, or looking to start couponing.. I just have a few things to say...  Couponing is so exciting.. when done the correct way, you are able to save your family sooo much money. The rush that you get when you see your grocery bill slashed in half is fantastic. I ask only that you follow the rules, do not clear shelves, coupon correctly and honestly and finally enjoy all the savings that will come your way!



No comments:

Post a Comment